Mission Statement of
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church believes that it is in the world for ministry. Established in 1835 as a central city church, it is a center of moral and religious strength. With positive convictions and broad sympathies this church continues to meet and solve problems incident to its environment and in many ways influences the life of our city.
With each new day, we reaffirm our common purpose:
• to join in the worshipful praise of God,
• to teach the children, to lead and inspire the young,
and to call everyone to life-long learning in the church,
• to be influential participants in society,
by being accountable to the Gospel,
• to show the love and compassion of Jesus Christ toward each other,
and toward those who are hurting,
• to be a caring community welcoming both friends and strangers,
• to own our Presbyterian heritage, reformed and always reforming,
• to be prayerfully open to the renewing power of the Holy Spirit.
To accomplish this the active and faithful participation of every member will be necessary. Let the door of this church be a way to service.
back to top